28.5.13

The perfect panty?

Now this is slightly different kind of HOW TO.  

Boys (and girls for that matter) love beautiful knickers but what does the perfect pair look like?


If you're thinking about making a pair with the aim of impressing your other half you'll have been pondering that very question.

After researching this topic at length amongst my manly men friends (and the girls!) I've listed my top 5 sure fire knicker impressing must haves....ignore at your peril!   

1. Bows & ribbons
"Bows are hot" said my policeman pal.  I agree, especially when it's unexpected and nothing adds cute like a pretty ribbon trim.

2. Pretty prints
My Liberty fabric addiction is well documented and you can't go past a girly floral.  No matter how much of tom boy you may be now is not the time for monster trucks or voodoo motifs; skulls and crossbones, just say no!  

3. Wear what suits you!
I have 7 different knicker patterns in my collection and each one has a slightly different shape and fit.  Pick a style that suits and remember less is not always more when it comes to knickers. 

4. Colours
Ok, so you should wear a colour that looks good on you but the overwhelming view here was that white or soft pastel colours are "hot", again a direct quote.  Translation (girl speak)....universally flattering and feminine.

5. Lace
I'm working on a new knicker pattern which will be called the PEEK-A-BOO PANTY, "It combines panels of sheer coloured lace with cute printed florals" well that's how I was describing it to some of the guys and believe me I had their FULL attention!   Boys like lacy things.  So if faced with a knicker elastic quandary...hmm shall I select practical & plain or pretty & lacy, well you get the point.


The TIE SIDE knicker shown above is made up in a Liberty print floral called August Rose which I found at Tessuti in Melbourne, the ribbon came from L'uccello.

No comments:

Post a Comment