17.5.14

Winter Layering

THE LONG SKINNY has many virtues not least of which is it's chameleon like adaptability.  For this version I used a lightweight jersey in a soft floral print.  To give my top a casual weekend look the cuffs, hem and neck binding were all left raw and encouraged to roll. 


Add denim jeans, contrast DRESS-ME-UP COLLAR plus a chunky cardigan and Voilà...out you go!


The pattern for the highly addictive LONG SKINNY (so far I've made 6) is scheduled for release in mid July; the DRESS-ME-UP COLLAR pattern is available from my Etsy shop in Australian sizes 8-16; both of the fabrics used were found at Tessuti in Melbourne.  My cardigan is called WANDERER, it was designed by Martin Storey for Rowan and can be found in book 48.  I did make a couple of changes; I made my cardigan slightly longer, changed the sleeves to be moss stitch and also left the underarm seams open at the cuff for 7cm.


No comments:

Post a Comment